A Federal Trade Commission survey revealed that millions of Americans have been victims of identity theft. Properly disposing of personal documents is a necessary step in safeguarding and protecting your personal information and credit, and preventing identity theft.
Hudson County residents are invited to have personal confidential and/or sensitive documents shredded at FREE, on-site, mobile paper-shredding events:
Saturday, April 6 - Lincoln Park in Jersey City
Parking Lot by Running Track
Saturday, April 13 - Union City
Saturday, April 27 - Stephen R. Gregg Park in Bayonne
37th St & Kennedy Blvd Entrance (Bayonne Park)
Saturday, May 11 - Braddock Park in North Bergen
Parking Lot - Use 79th St & Bergenline Entrance
Saturday, May 18 - West Hudson Park in Kearny
Parking Lot near Duck Pond
For More Details click here
9 AM to 1 PM (Rain or Shine)
- Remove large binder clips (staples and paper clips are okay
- No plastic binders
- Residents only – no businesses
- Recycle magazines and non-confidential paper curbside
- In an effort to accommodate all those wishing to participate please limit your documents to no more than 40 pounds.
- Documents will be commercially shredded safely, privately and properly by trained, licensed and bonded document destruction specialists.
- Residents may bring documents in whatever type of container they wish.
- Participants may stay and watch the process.